This week we will finish our holiday and travel related vocabulary! What are your holiday plans for this year?
- On our last day in Bulgaria, we went to see the waterfall down by the Queen’s Palace in Balchik. It was an amazing view!
- The tram is a symbol of Lisbon! The tramway runs across town, making it a great means of transport!
- I would love to spend a weekend on a yacht!
- The Prague zoo was awesome! It really feels like an animal sanctuary, not an animal prison!
- When travelling to a new city, I recommend going on a guided tour! You can find out so much about the city’s history and architecture, as well as avoid any tourist traps, such as restaurants with high prices.
- Find out if you need a visa before your trip! Sometimes, you can pay for visa on arrival, but other times you must acquire a visa before departing for the country!
- I always take my video camera with me in a tote bag or a travel bag. That way, I know it won’t get stolen!
- I keep a bag with an umbrella and some sunscreen in the trunk of my car. It’s always best to be prepared!
- It takes me about a week to finish unpacking after a vacation. It’s great to go on an adventure, but it is also tiresome.
- We stayed in a lovely hotel in Sintra. To get there, we took the subway from the airport, then the train!
- You can take a cheap tour of any country if you choose to stay in a tent and travel by train! Sometimes, the train tickets are cheaper if you buy them online than if you get them at the train station!
- Is it customary to tip the travel agent?
- If you’ve packed your swimsuit, you can visit the local waterpark. You can also go on a ride with the tour bus or wander around town for a bit.
- Is the museum in walking distance from the hotel or do we need a vehicle to get there?
- It always helps to translate some words and phrases to the local language when travelling!
- Now you try!
- Write sentences with the following words: station, suitcase, takeoff, taxi, trail, tourist, voyage, wonder.