This week we will learn some vocabulary words related to the holidays! Are you planning on doing something fun this summer?
- Harry and I want to visit an amusement park this summer.
- We were on our way to the airport when we were announced that the cruise ship would be delayed for a day.
- It was my first flight, and the airplane departed safely.
- I have flown international, but I have never flown domestic.
- We wanted to go backpacking through Europe, but I can never fit anything in less than three pieces of baggage.
- I packed the bags for the beach, including your new bathing suit.
- We equiped the car for the camping trip, we will also take our bikes, the biniculars, and a garment bag. Dad will drive for the first part of the trip, then Mom takes over.
- Should we take a cab or a bus from the airport to the hotel?
- It is advisable to have foreign currency with you when travelling abroad.
- On our last holiday, we went on a guided tour, on a boat down the river. It was a wonderful experience!
- Mary fell in love with a foreigner. He was visiting, she was his guide, and now, five years later, they are getting married!
- When it was time to embark, the stewardess wanted be to check my carry-on as she deemed it too heavy to be a cabin baggage.
- The Maldives are an amazing destination!
- The flight was alright, and we went through customs quickly.
- The cruise included a one day expedition in the jungle. It was amazing!
- Now you try!
- Write sentences with the following words: cabin, coast, departure, explore, ferry, getaway, camera, excursion.