This week, we will learn some more words and phrases related to summer!
- My fan helps me survive this searing heat.
- Last year, when we went camping, we forgot the Frisbee at home, but we did get to go canoeing.
- On July fourth, we are going to go hiking, sit on the grass and watch the fireworks.
- I would love to go sailing in the summer, but I don’t live near the seashore.
- Brian and Erica are going on a road trip, while Ted wants to relax, so he is planning a sea voyage.
- I hope to escape the heat and the humidity this summer. I am planning a journey in the mountains.
- I packed my bikini and my sandals. I will grab your shorts and we are ready to go!
- Summer solstice marks the longest day of the year.
- There is a saying, “April showers bring May flowers!” It means that, due to the rains in the month of April, flowers blossom in May!
- We should go sightseeing around town next weekend, if it’s sunny!
- No ice cream or popsicles outside, please! Eat your treats inside then go out to play!
- Now you try!
- Make up sentences with the following words: outings, recreation, rest.