Welcome to English Monday!
Today we will talk about the weather!
- What is the weather like outside?
- What’s the weather forcast?
- Do you want me to turn on the air conditioner?
- Are you sure you want to go out? It is below freezing, and the roads are really icy!
- During a storm, my dog gets very scared! He is mostly scared about the thunder, not the lightning!
- The thermometer doesn’t show it, but you should take a jacket with you! It’s rather chilly!
- You should prepare for the next two weeks! There is a cold spell coming!
- 15 degrees Celsius is equal to 59 Fahrenheit.
- Because of the drought, I have not watered my lawn, but it looks like it is going to rain anyway!
- I can’t wait to be rid of this heat-wave! I have a sunburn and my brother got a heat stroke!
- The temperature seems higher because of the humidity!
- After the hurricane made landfall on the East coast, there is now a tornado headed that way!
- After the blizzard, the tourists were trapped in an avalance!
- The sky looks cloudy, but I hope that it will clear!
- The forecast mentioned precipitation, so I really hope to see a rainbow!
- Only go outside if it’s absolutely necessary! It’s drizzling!
- There are only a few flurries, but I am already dreaming of a white Christmas!
- It’s very sunny outside, but the breeze makes it seem cool!
- My uncle lost a toe to frostbite!
- I hate driving when it’s so foggy! I can barely see the road!
- The forecast mentioned snow, but I don’t believe it will turn into a snowstorm!
- The weather is getting colder! Last night there was some hail!
- I hate it when the sky is so overcast! It makes my kind of gloomy!
- The showers in the last couple of days have left many puddles in the road! Beware of the potholes!
- The sky is partly cloudy, but the temperature if perfect for the beach!
- The flood has affected all towns along the river, and not just the houses closest to it!
- Be careful with that umbrella outside! The wind might break it!